Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Deaf ears

My ears are loud.

When I am walking in a strong wind, (such as there was today), my ears make noise. They stick out from my head just enough that if I am walking directly into the wind, I hear a loud 'whoosh' noise as the air rattles around my head.

If I turn my head to the right or left far enough, so that one ear is facing the wind, and one ear is sheltered, it doesn't happen. That's how I know that it's my ears making the noise. It changes the angle enough that the wind hits my ear and stops, but doesn't run past it and sound like a waterfall.

They are somewhat normal ears, one on each side and aproximately the same shape. They don't get a lot of comments. Therefore I'm forced to assume that other people's ears make a 'whoosh' sound in the wind as well.

Do your ears go 'whoosh'?

-iRob

"And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."
- The Bible

EDIT: I worry about a mind that can think thoughts like this one. I'm really tired.

2 comments:

laughingmagpie said...

I don't think mine really 'whoosh' - I hear more the waterfall thing when I'm in the wind.

As a professional external ear examiner, I will tell you next time I see you whether your ears look normal or not!

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/gray/subjects/subject?id=229#i904

See especially fig. 904 on the page above.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»