Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's in good order, apart from the parts I need.

I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian. Oops, I mean a 98 Saturn SC1.

With the imminent death of my car on the horizon, I've been checking out other options. Tonight I amused myself by taking a test drive in a car I have no intention of buying any time soon. I didn't count on falling in love.

It was hard, but I managed to talk myself out of buying it then and there. The fact that they were unlikely to take my car as a trade in for the entire purchace price of the Civic probably played a part in my decision.

It seems strange now these years later that I am so anxious to replace my Saturn. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was very much into it. I used to follow all of the Saturn designs. It says something to me that they came out with an entirely new line of car that I never noticed until I saw one on the street.

Sigh. I need a new job. One that pays.

-iRob

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, for there are plenty of others."
-Otto Rank

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Civics rock!!

Well, they would especially rock if they still made a hatchback. The little 'Fit' thing by Honda they made to replace it just doesn't do it for me.

Drhaggis said...

We looked at Civics when shopping for our car. Best car in its class, hands down. We had to settle for an Echo on our budget.

Unknown said...

I like the Civic much more than the Fit also. But I looked at the Fit because the price was right. Although since I can't afford either, maybe I'll stick with not affording the Civic (Luxury Edition) HA!

Anonymous said...

I nearly cried when I had to climb out of the Civic we test-drove. I didn't want to hand it back.

I had forgotten about that pain until now.

*sniffle*