Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Brotherhood

I don't know who this is, but they rock.

It's a little hard to make it out from my hastily -snapped cameraphone picture, but back in December I managed to catch this outside the farmers' market a block from our apartment.

It's the Rebel Insignia, in the window of a blue Dodge truck. Most likely it's someone I know, and I would be willing to bet that they spend time on the boards, but in reality I don't know who it could possibly be. In fact, it's even possible it's one of the men in white. (And women. Yes, I can hear you, sith@heart.)

Seeing this on a random vehicle in a parking lot gave me an instant feeling of community with the stranger who drives this car. It's amazing how Fandom brings people together. This is someones little way of saying to the world - I'm a geek. I'm proud of it.

It's not Star Wars, but I really think I'm going to order that sticker I wanted for my hood. (in White) After all, it's my car, and I'm a geek, and I'm proud of it.

-iRob

"The dead might as well try to speak to the living as the old to the young."
-Willa Cather

No comments: