Friday, February 02, 2007

Layers

I went to put something in the dryer in my building today, which is something I rarely. do. (I find that dryers tend to wear clothes very quickly.)

Luckily I had the foresight to check the lint trap before using the machine. There was quite an impressive strata of lint in there.

It was over 1/2 inches thick, and was at least 4 distinctly different colors. I think it was last emptied long before I was born. I think I saw Trilobites from the lower Paleozoic era deep down in the 'burgandy' layer.

Sure not looking forward to the next time someone tries to burn down my building. The laundry room is 3.5 feet from our door.

-iRob

"I don't mind what language an opera is sung in so long as it is a language I don't understand."
-
Sir Edward Appleton

No comments: