Friday, April 13, 2007

Tie died.

My tie died. I scratched it on a rough counter and pulled some threads out. And the pattern went with them, now it's unwearable. That was three weeks ago.

I liked that tie so much that I went back to the store in Edmonton to replace it last time I was there. This week the same thing has started happening to it, and I haven't scratched it on anything.

Two weeks ago I learned not to wear my new boots to my new job, as I managed to scuff the hell out of them just walking around the job site. They won't look 'new' again, no matter how much I polish them.

Three days ago my brand new (replacement) iPod developed 2 deep scratches right on the face, apparently on the soft fluffy lining of the coat pocket reserved solely for the safety of the aforementioned iPod.

On Wednesday I switched my Cell phone to a Calgary number. I couldn't get any of my choices for a custom number, and ever since then my wireless Internet doesn't work. Telus tech support doesn't know what's wrong or when it will be fixed, even after 90 minutes on the phone with me.

Today I caught my favorite dress shirt (the blue one with the french cuffs) on a rough piece of metal in a door frame, and tore a small hole in it. I can fix it, but it will always have a mark.

I have a miserable cold, and my sinuses are pounding. I've worked 24 hours out of the past 48, and I miss J with all my heart. My cheerful demeanour is faltering.

I need a hug.

-iRob.

"More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
-Woody Allen

No comments: